New Forests is a global specialist forestry, rural land and environmental investment Management Company headquartered in Sydney, Australia, with offices in Singapore and USA.
We are seeking an Operations Analyst / Manager to be part of our Singapore based team. With direct reporting to Director of Operations & Acquisitions, New Forests Singapore, you will be responsible for supporting aspects of technical forestry and general management in our investee companies in SE Asia. Whilst based in Singapore, you will be required to travel regularly within the Region.
To be successful in New Forests, you will be a self-motivated individual who thrives on working in a small team environment, towards a common goal.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing forest resource descriptions for external valuations
- Improving investee company resource description standards and developing local staff skill levels
- Performing audits of company operational standards
- Working with fund investee companies to optimise management of resources
Experience & skills required:
- Bachelor Science in Forestry or Resource Management or related fields.
Post graduate qualifications would be well regarded too
- Experience with harvesting systems, land clearing operations and general forestry operations
- Experience with forest resources reporting for valuation/management purposes
- Experience with Asian forestry operations, would be well regarded
- Knowledge of inventory systems and its implementation
- Understanding of forest estate optimisation and planning tools such as Woodstock or Tigermoth
- Exposure to MIS software (preferably Cengea)
- Familiarity with sustainable forest management standards (i.e. FSC, PEFC)
- Possess GIS skills (i.e. ArcGIS, Manifold, Mapinfo etc.)
- Proficient with database management and other MS software
- Diplomacy & capable of maintaining composure under pressure
- Flexibility towards extra hours, if required to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently & take ownership of the role
- Ability to build strong relationships and work within a team environment
- Availability & willingness to travel
- Good verbal and written communication skills & ability to communicate effectively with different levels of professionals
- Possess a positive attitude
What can we offer?
You will be joining a growing, fast paced business & be working with a diverse and talented team who are passionate about forestry investment and sustainable management!
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position, in PDF format. to [email protected]